Set List: The Country Music Hall of Fame Medallion Ceremony
Kyle Young director of the Hall, said "Each of these performers is a gifted individual considered among the best in the world at what they do yet they share humility and a personal generosity. They are known as remarkable human beings as well as remarkable talents."
Young also acknowledged the passing of three Hall of Fame members over the last twelve months, Frances Preston, Earl Scruggs and Kitty Wells.
During the evening, Charlie McCoy inducted Robbins, Merle Haggard inducted Smith and George Strait inducted Brooks.
Performers for each of the inductees were kept secret until the night of the ceremony. In general, each performed songs from throughout the honorees careers.
The songs performed during the Medallion Ceremony:
- All Prayed Up - Vince Gill
- Induction of Hargus "Pig" Robbins
- White Lightning - Ronnie Dunn
- Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue - Crystal Gayle
- Fourteen Caret Mind - Gene Watson
- Behind Closed Doors - Pig Robbins and Ronnie Milsap
- Induction of Connie Smith
- Once a Day - Quebe Sisters Band
- If It Ain't Love (Let's Leave It Alone) - Whites
- You've Got Me (Right Where You Want Me) - Lee Ann Womack
- When I Need Jesus, He's There - Connie Smith
- Induction of Garth Brooks
- Much Too Young (to Feel This Damn Old) - George Strait
- The River - James Taylor
- That Summer - Bob Seger
- Will the Circle Be Unbroken - All
For a complete rundown of the ceremony, including comments from each of the inductees, see the Country Music Hall of Fame site.