Artist: Elvis Costello
Title: In Motion Pictures
Release Date: November 19, 2012
Format(s): CD, DD
Throughout his career, Elvis Costello's music has been used in numerous motion pictures. Some were brokered by the record company (not always to Costello's liking) while others were written specifically for the films. Fifteen of those songs have been assembled in the new set In Motion Pictures, being released on November 19 by UMe.
Starting with Crawling to the U.S.A. from 1979's Americathon through Sparkling Day from 2011's One Day, the set covers 32 years of film including E.T. The Extra Terrestial, The Godfather Part III, The Big Lebowski and the beautiful rendition of Charles Aznavour's She from Notting Hill.
This isn't the definitive collection of Costello's movie music (there is much more) but it is a nice compilation from one of music's most prolific artists of the last 30+ years.
- Accidents Will Happen (from the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial)
- Lover’s Walk (from the film The Shape of Things)
- Miracle Man (from the film The Godfather: Part III)
- Life Shrinks (from the film The War of the Buttons)
- Crawling to the U.S.A. (from the film Americathon)
- Seven Day Weekend (with Jimmy Cliff) (from the film Club Paradise)
- Days (from the film Until the End of the World)
- I Want You (from the film I Want You)
- You Stole My Bell (from the film The Family Man)
- My Mood Swings (from the film The Big Lebowski)
- Oh Well (from the film Prison Song)
- God Give Me Strength (from the film Grace of My Heart)
- Sparkling Day (from the film One Day)
- She (from the film Notting Hill)
- A Town Called Big Nothing (from the film Straight to Hell)