We will be updating here throughout the evening on the passing of Whitney Houston (All times EST).
- 1:23 AM - The current top three albums on iTunes: #3 - Scars & Stories - The Fray; #2 - 21 - Adele; #1 - Whitney: The Greatest Hits - Whitney Houston.
- 12:41 AM - TMZ is reporting that "Beverly Hilton hotel employees tell TMZ ... Whitney Houston was found dead in the bathtub of her room."
- 12:38 AM - Per Ryan Seacrest on Twitter: "Shortly after news broke, grammy producers reached out to jennifer hudson to sing whitney tribute, she's now confirmed...plans in motion..."
- 12:35 AM - Billboard has updated their report, saying that Clive Davis is, indeed, at his party and will be speaking.
- 11:58 PM - Billboard has reported that Clive Davis, who gave Houston her break and was a close friend, is not in attendance at his own party in Los Angeles.
- 11:51 PM - The L.A. Times is now reporting that, during rehearsals for Clive Davis' party, Houston appeared "disheveled in mismatched clothes and hair that was dripping wet with either sweat or water."
"The singer smelled of alcohol and cigarettes. A Grammy staffer said that during the interviews with Brandy, Monica and Clive, Houston was dancing just off camera to make the singers and Davis laugh. Grammy personnel expressed concern that she'd be caught on camera, and that reporters would write about her behavior."
- 11:36 PM - Ken Ehrlich, producer of the Grammys, just told CNN that changes are being made to the show's script to make sure that the overall tone is correct. He also said that it was too soon to do a full blown tribute, but that Jennifer Hudson (no mention of Khan) has been asked to perform.
- 11:29 PM - ET is reporting that Jennifer Hudson and Chaka Khan will perform a tribute to Houston at tomorrow night's Grammy Awards.
- 11:24 PM - Sony Pictures will release Houston's final work, the film Sparkle, as planned on August 17. Whitney had finished her work on the film before her passing. Steve Elzer said for the studio, "Like all those who knew and loved her, we are shocked and saddened and the world has lost an incomparable talent. Right now our thoughts are with her daughter, her family and her friends."
- 11:20 PM - Billboard is reporting that the last music recorded by Houston will be in the movie Sparkle. One, Eyes on the Sparrow, is in the film while Celebrate (written by R.Kelly) will be over the closing credits.
- 11:04 PM - The Fox series Glee already had a cover of Houston's hit I Will Always Love You in Tuesday night's episode. Producers are now talking about how they can further salute Houston in the episode.
- 10:57 PM - Hotel staff at the Beverly Hills Hotel have told TMZ that Houston was with friends last night and "partied heavily."
- 10:48 PM - @ZeitchikLAT : Producer on Whitney Houston's 'Sparkle' emailed The Times to say he's seen a rough cut and the singer is "unbelievably fantastic' in it.
- 10:40 PM - Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party was initially thought to be called off due to Houston's passing but was later announced to be on again as a tribute. One report has Alicia Keys, Brandy, Monica and Mary J Blige performing a tribute to her.
- Statements and Twitters from numerous artists are available at the end of our original story.