Nielsen SoundScan has published its annual list of Top 10 albums of the SoundScan era (1991-now) and since SoundScan began it has registered 15,735,000 sales for Metallica's Metallica.
Positions 1, 2, 3 and 4 are the same as last year with Shania Twain's Come On Over (2), Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill (3) and Backstreet Boys' Millennium (4) but The Beatles have jumped into 5th spot adding more than 200,000 sales in the past 12 months.
Apart from that, the Top 10 albums remains the same.
The current Top 10 albums of all time for the SoundScan era are:
- Metallica - Metallica (15,735,000)
- Come On Over - Shania Twain (15,513,000)
- Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morissette (14,714,000)
- Millennium - Backstreet Boys (12,168,000)
- 1- Beatles (11,985,000)
- Bodyguard - Soundtrack (11,829,000)
- Supernatural - Santana (11,772,000)
- Human Clay - Creed (11,574,000)
- No Strings Attached - N' Sync (11,122,000)
- Falling Into You - Celine Dion (10,790,000)
- Garth Brooks (68,561,000)
- Beatles (63,299,000)
- Mariah Carey (53,612,000)
- Metallica (53,170,000)
- Celine Dion (51,492,000)
- George Strait (43,310,000)
- Eminem (41,166,000)
- Tim McGraw (40,169,000)
- Alan Jackson (38,860,000)
- Pink Floyd (37,228,000)