Last August, Bad Company reunited for a one-off gig at the Hollywood, Florida Seminole Hard Rock Cafe and the surviving members of the group will return to that venue on June 17 to kick off a 10-date reunion tour.
Paul Rodgers, Mick Ralphs and Simon Kirkes will be on the road to promote their Hard Rock Live DVD, recorded at last year's show, which will be sold at all the shows before being made widely available on August 8.
Rodgers talked to Billboard about the reunion. "It was a really good show. Both the band and the fans were on fire. Queen [Rodgers is their current lead singer] does fantastic versions of my material, but it was very authentic playing with the guys, very much the real deal, I guess."
Joining the trio of original members will be Lynn Sorenson from Rodgers' solo band and Howard Leese, formerly of Heart. The Doobie Brothers will be opening all of the shows except the final one in Atlantic City.
Rodgers did say not to expect additional shows as he will be using the rest of the year to write new material.
The tour dates:
- 06/19/09 - Atlanta, GA - Chastain Park Amphitheatre
- 06/20/09 - Charlotte, NC - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
- 06/21/09 - Birmingham, AL - Downtown
- 06/23/09 - Raleigh, NC - Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion
- 06/24/09 - Virginia Beach, VA - Verizon Wireless Virginia Beach Amphitheater
- 06/27/09 - Bethel, NY - Bethel Woods Center For The Arts
- 06/28/09 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon At Jones Beach Theater
- 07/01/09 - Clarkston, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
- 07/02/09 - Canandaigua, NY - Constellation Brands - Marvin Sands PAC (CMAC)
- 07/04/09 - Atlantic City, NJ - Resorts Atlantic City